Show us your 'Lucky Duck Face'!
The photos from this contest are shown below.
Click on any photo to see full size. Contest rules
WMC Action News 5 Lucky Ducks! OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is a watch and win contest sponsored by WMC Action News 5, located at 1960 Union Avenue, Memphis, TN 38104 "Sponsor(s)". The promotion takes place April 24, 2014 through May 21, 2014. Entries must be received by 10:35pm on May 22, 2014. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of the following counties in Tennessee: Shelby, Tipton, Fayette, Hardeman, McNairy, Hardin, Haywood, Madison, Chester, Henderson, Decatur, Lauderdale, Crockett, Haywood, Gibson, Dyer, Lake, Obion, Weakley, Henry, Carroll, and Benton.
In Mississippi: De Soto, Marshall, Benton, Tippah, Alcorn, Tishomingo, Tunica, Tate, Union, Prentiss, Coahoma, Quitman, Panola, Lafayette, Union, Prentiss, Pontotoc, Lee, Itawamba, Bolivar, Sunflower, Tallahatchie, Leflore, Carroll, Yalobusha, Grenada, Calhoun, Webster, Chickasaw, Clay and Monroe.
In Arkansas: Desha, Arkansas, Phillips, Monroe, Prairie, Lee, St. Francis, Cross, Crittenden, Poinsett, Mississippi, Craighead, Greene, Clay, Randolph, Lawrence, Jackson, Independence, Jackson and Woodruff.
In Missouri: Dunklin, Pemiscot, New Madrid.
All winners must be 18 years of age, except as follows: Mississippi, age 21; Tennessee, age 18, or, if still in high school at 18, upon graduation or reaching age 19 (whichever is sooner). Employees and immediate family members of employees of Sponsors, Raycom Media, Inc., WMC Holdings their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per household will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified. Winners cannot have won or qualified for any contest on WMC Action News 5 or wmctv.com in the last 30 days.
3. How to Enter. There are two ways to enter this promotion.
1. Beginning at 6:00am Thursday, April 24, 2014 and ending at 10:35pm Wednesday, May 21, 2014, individuals can watch WMC Action News 5 at 6am and 10pm weekdays for the cue to call. The 5th eligible caller wins the daily prize. In the event that a cue to call does not air in one of the scheduled newscasts, two individuals (Caller 5 and Caller 6) will be chosen as winners in the same newscast the following day. All entries must be received by 10:35pm Wednesday, May 21, 2014 and become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
2. Beginning at 6:00pm Wednesday April 23, 2014 and ending at 10:35pm Wednesday, May 21, 2014, individuals can log on to wmctv.com and upload a picture of their “lucky duck face.” A winner will be randomly selected each Thursday from all photos, beginning Thursday, April 30, 2014. All entries must be received by 10:35pm Wednesday, May 21, 2014 and become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
4. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
5. By submitting a picture, each Submitter represents and warrants that he/she owns and has the right to grant or transfer all of the rights in this paragraph to Sponsors. In exchange for the opportunity to participate in this promotion, each Submitter herein assigns all right, title and interest in and to the picture, including any copyrights and moral rights therein, to Sponsors. Each Submitter acknowledges and agrees that, once submitted and assigned, the Submitter has no further rights to the same and Sponsors shall have the perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, and irrevocable right, but not the obligation, to use, edit, alter, copy, reproduce, disclose, display, publish, prepare derivative works from, perform, distribute, exhibit, broadcast, or otherwise exploit the picture, in whole or in part, whether in connection with the promotion or not, in any form, media or technology, now known or hereafter developed, including, without limitation, broadcast and cable television, radio, mobile transmission and the Internet, for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, advertising, promotion, entertainment and commercial purposes, without any payment to, or further authorization by, the Submitter. Without limiting the foregoing, each Submitter consents to have the picture in whole or in part included in a broadcast, online, and/or in any other medium utilized by the Sponsors. Whether or not a Submitter’s Nominee is selected, each Submitter further grants to Sponsors the unrestricted, irrevocable right, but not the obligation, to use the Submitter’s name and address (City or County and State), photograph, picture, likeness, moving image, voice, biographical material, and personal information, whether in their original form as submitted in or as altered, edited, lifted or reproduced by Sponsors, or as obtained from Submitter during the production of the profile of the Submitter’s Nominee should that Nominee be selected, in perpetuity throughout the world, in connection with the promotion or a profile, in any and all media for any and all purposes without any payment to, or further authorization by, the Submitter.
6. Prize(s). There are (40) daily prizes. Each daily prize will be randomly drawn live on air from the duck pond weekdays during WMC Action News 5 at 6am and WMC Action News 5 at 10pm. Prizes options are: $100, $200, $300, $400, $500, $1000, or a brunch for two at the Peabody Hotel in Downtown Memphis valued at $100. Each prize will come with a random number of picks from the grand prize duck pond. Each prize will either have 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 picks.
There are 4 online prizes consisting of a Sunday Brunch for 2 at the Peabody Hotel in Downtown Memphis valued at $100 and 2 picks for the grand prize.
At the grand prize drawing, all ducks will contain a prize. All but 5 ducks will either have a WMC Action News 5 t-shirt valued at $10, a WMC Action News 5 hat valued at $15, a WMC Action News 5 Snuggie valued at $15, a Dave Brown Bobblehead valued at $10, or a WMC Action News 5 tote bag valued at $10. 5 ducks will have “?” on the bottom. The people who choose those ducks will pick one of 5 envelopes. Each envelope contains cash or a prize. 2 envelopes contain $500, 1 envelope contains $1000, 1 envelope contains a weekend stay for two in a suite at the Peabody Hotel, breakfast in bed and dinner at Chez Phillipe included, valued at $2500, and one envelope contains $10,000.
7. No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned. No prize can be auctioned or sold. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
8. How the Prizes are Awarded. Each daily prize will be randomly selected and is awarded to the 5th eligible caller. The online prize will be randomly selected from all entries on Thursday of each week, beginning Thursday, April 30, 2014. In the event that a winner is found ineligible, their prize will be forfeited and there will be no daily prize awarded that day. The grand prize is awarded via a random drawing of ducks by eligible winners to be held at The Peabody Hotel at 149 Union Avenue, Memphis, TN 38103, Saturday, May 24, 2014 at 9am. Eligible winners must be physically present at the grand prize drawing to be eligible to win. Daily prize winners can pick up their prize at WMC Action News 5 studios located at 1960 Union Avenue, Memphis, TN 38104 weekdays between the hours of 9am - 5pm.
9. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning daily prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. The odds of winning the grand prize depends on the number of overall picks daily winners are awarded.
10. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license with current address or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner(s), travel companion(s), and/or any other persons necessary will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility within 5 days of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited. A winner must take possession of his or her prize before 5pm on Friday, May 23, 2014 or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, including, but not limited to, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WMC Action News 5 will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from WMC Action News 5 if WMC Action News 5 reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. Prize(s) may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WMC Action News 5, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
11. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
12. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WMC Action News 5. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WMC Action News 5 are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
13. List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WMC Action News 5 – 1960 Union Avenue, Memphis, TN 38104 by July 1, 2014.